Out of Gauge (OOG) Cargo Transport
Logistics Group International provides Out of Gauge (OOG) container transport for companies across all industries that need to transport freight outside of a standard 20’ or 40’ shipping container. Your equipment / cargo may fit in standard containers but may be so large and heavy that special equipment is needed to handle the weight. LGI can source flat racks or open top containers in both 20’ and 40’ sizes to load your OOG cargo.
LGI offers transloading services for out of gauge cargo shipments that may need transfer from a port or terminal to another location such as an industrial warehouse or storage facility. Also, as one of the premier third-party logistics providers in Houston, we have years of container drayage experience at Houston area rail ramps as well as Barbours Cut and Bayport Container Terminal.
What is OOG Cargo?
OOG cargo is a cargo load that exceeds the dimensions of a standard 20 ft or 40 ft shipping container by height, length, width or all the above.
What is a Flat Rack Container?
A flat rack container is used for the transport of oversized cargo with unique dimensions such as heavy machinery and equipment. Flat racks are required when cargo can only be side loaded or when cargo width exceeds 8’6”.
What is an Open Top Container?
Open top containers are equipped with a removable roof bow or tarpaulin cover and generally used for oversized cargo that does not fit into a standard container such as scrap metal and timber. Open Top containers are required when cargo height exceeds 7’8” but cargo width is within gauge at 8’ wide or less.
What is Transloading?
Transloading is the process of transferring shipments from one mode of transportation such as rail to another form of transport such as heavy haul trucking, in order to get the shipment to its destination faster and more efficiently.
Out of Gauge Transport Services
- Load & Unload Services: Load and unload heavy loads to and from trucks, planes, and ships in order to make the shipment and delivery of your cargo as seamless as possible.
- GPS tracking & real-time location updates
- Door-to-door delivery and cross-border logistics for shipping throughout North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada)
- Complete logistic management of your shipment
- Premium service at competitive rates
- Comprehensive insurance for high-value loads
- Team Service for expedited transport of time-critical equipment
To request a quote, or to speak with a logistician about your out of gauge cargo transport needs, call 713.543.8713 today.