LGI INC. Terms and Conditions
Domestic Cargo Terms & Conditions.
Over the road qualifications in these pages may or may not apply to this project.
Over-The-Road Transport Qualifications
(1) Price is based upon weights and dimensions supplied by customer, and include estimated costs for over-the-road transportation, civilian and/or police escorts, permits, and bucket trucks, as needed. Changes or omission of details from customer’s information may affect pricing and the ability to obtain permits.
(2) This quotation is valid for 30 days and is subject to permit approval, route studies and Availability of equipment and personnel.
(3) In-plant and on-site clearances with sufficient compaction to be ensured by shipper. Inadvertent and/or consequential damage to surroundings at origin or destination due to movement of this equipment is at the risk of the shipper. Removal of obstacles at the origin and destination, including railroad tracks, fencing etc., will be at the expense of the shipper or consignee, unless specifically noted in the bid.
(4) Cargo to be loaded in the most advantageous transport position, as determined by our personnel. Unless specifically indicated, loading and unloading will not be the responsibility of LGI.
(5) Shipping saddles, cribbing, and blocking are to be the responsibility of shipper unless specifically quoted in our price.
(6) Quote provides for _2_ free hours loading and _2_ free hours unloading, per load. All detention charges are the responsibility of customer.
(7) Pricing does not provide for direct discharge from ship to truck. All charges related to dock expense, wharfage, stevedore charges, terminal charges, etc., are the responsibility of shipper.
(8) Shipping delays due to permits, weather, strikes, and acts of governmental agencies and/or acts of God or force majeure are at the risk and expense of shipper.
(9) LGI accepts no liability for goods damaged or destroyed due to improper or inadequate crating, packaging, or assembly, and/or in cases in which the nature of said goods was unsuitable for truck transport.
Mexico Cargo Terms & Conditions
(1) Rates are based on legal weights and dimensions, any variation could effect quoted price.
(2) Rates do not include bridge crossing fees. International shipments are subject to trailer detention charges at border crossing.
(3) All shipments have 3 free days to cross the border before detention charges start to apply. Detention charges are as follows: Vans and Flatebeds $75 per day, Stepdecks and Double Drops $100 per day. Detention charges will double after the 5th day. Specialized Trailer detention will vary depending on trailer configuration. Contact your LGI sales rep for Specialized Trailer detention charges. The charges will accrue until trailer has cleared customs and is in transit. Charges will accrue every day, including holidays and weekends, until trailer is cleared. L.G.I. will give two hours to load and two hours to unload. Thereafter, detention charges will apply.
(4) Mexican Carriers do not carry cargo insurance. Additional Mexican cargo insurance can be purchased through LGI.